‘Resolve Hypnotherapy Online’ is committed to the protection of your privacy when you contact us or use any of our services.
The information contained within this Privacy Notice explains the rights you have, how we use information about you and the measures we have put in place to protect your privacy.
How to Contact Resolve Hypnotherapy Online
Your privacy rights
- Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can then identify an individual. For example, this could be your name and contact details.
- Special Category Data needs greater protection. It refers to information you would not want widely known as it is very personal to you. This includes anything that can reveal your:
- sexuality and sexual health
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- physical or mental health
- trade union membership
- political opinion
- genetic/biometric data
- criminal history
What is Explicit Consent? To be able to give Explicit consent you must fully understand the personal data you are sharing, why it is necessary to share this data, how and for what purpose it is being processed, how it will be protected, the expected period it will be retained for, and any further information necessary for you to feel confident to share your data.
What information we need to hold
All personal data held by Resolve Hypnotherapy Online are manual records only, the following information based on what you have provided is securely stored:
- Contact Details – address; telephone number; email
- Background information
- Health Data
- Next of Kin
- Financial Information
- Process notes
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online will hold your phone number under your first name only on a mobile phone for the duration of your therapy. This is for ease of contact but will be deleted once your therapy sessions have ceased. You have the right to request for your phone number to be removed at any time.
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online will respond to email enquires by email if this is your preferred method of contact or the only one available however as electronic communications are not completely secure Resolve Hypnotherapy Online cannot be held responsible for damages or loss caused by viruses or communication which is corrupted or altered after dispatch.
Appointments are recorded in my diary by first name only.
How we get the information why we need it
We only collect personal data directly from you with your consent or explicit consent.
Data is processed on paper during the initial consultation with process notes thereafter. We only collect personal data directly from you with your consent or explicit consent.
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online is bound by the requirements of the ASFSH and the NCH. Data held comes under the category of Special category as the data is of a sensitive nature and needs more protection therefore explicit consent is required before sessions can begin.
We only collect and use personal information where:
- You, or your legal guardian have given consent or explicit consent
- The law requires it.
What we do with the information
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online only processes your data for the purpose of Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy treatment with your consent or explicit consent.
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online will not use your data for marketing purposes
You may remove your consent at any time.
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online will not disclose your data to any recipients (unless the Law requires it) without your explicit consent.
How we store your information
Paper records are securely kept in locked storage cabinet. When in transit, these are always kept securely on person. If you have given consent to use our password protected computer programme CORP as an evaluation tool during therapy, data is kept on secure password protected laptop.
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online will only retain data to comply with the recommended retention periods for professional Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy along with any legal requirements i.e. tax purposes. An individual has six years if they wish to bring a claim under contract law. Therefore, records must be retained at least until the limitation period has expired. The legal requirement for taxation purposes is 7 years.
For the treatment of anyone under the age of 18 years of age the records will be retained until the patient reaches the age of 25.
- Right to access information we hold on you: You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal data relating to you.
- Right to request a correction: If any of the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, we will correct it as quickly as possible and at least within one month.
- Right to request data is deleted:
- Resolve Hypnotherapy Online no longer needs your personal data for the purpose it was collected or processed for
- You have withdrawn the consent or explicit consent allowing Resolve Hypnotherapy Online to process your personal data and there is no other legal ground for the processing
- Where you have exercised your ‘right to object’ regarding the processing for direct marketing purposes
- Resolve Hypnotherapy Online had unlawfully processed the data
- The personal data should be erased for compliance with a legal obligation
Resolve Hypnotherapy Online endeavours to maintain the highest standards of customer service, including the collection of any personal data and therefore we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We would ask anyone who thinks that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate to contact us immediately at the details above.
If you have any concerns about how Resolve Hypnotherapy Online handles your data you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you have any queries regarding how we store your data or any other data protection at Resolve Hypnotherapy Online please contact us.
ICO: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk